The publishing outfit, Quramo Publishing Limited has announced it is now accepting entries for Quramo Writers’ Prize 2019!
The Quramo Writers’ Prize is an African award for new and emerging writers, celebrating unpublished writers who have original stories. The Prize aims to encourage a new breed of writers, providing an opportunity to achieve publishing recognition and encouragement.
In 2018, Michael Emmanuel received the top prize for his entry – Running Waters.
Quramo has raised the stakes for the 2019 Prize by inviting unpublished authors to submit a novella manuscript, with a minimum word count of 30,000 words.
Submission Entries and Guidelines:
Entries’ submission is opened from April 16, 2019 to July 15, 2019.
- Each entry must be an original, unpublished work of fiction.
- The Quramo Writers’ Prize is open to Africans living within and outside the continent
- The manuscript must be the original, unpublished work of the entrant. Published work is not eligible for the prize
- Manuscripts must be at least 30,000 words. All entries outside this requirement are liable for disqualification
- All entries must be submitted electronically to the Quramo website in the following format:
- MS Word file
- Times New Roman font
- Size 12 font
- Left justified with 1.5 spacing
- All submissions must be sent in with the following information:
- A 150-word synopsis
- A short biography of the author
- Social media page (Twitter, Instagram, etc.) – this is a mandatory requirement.
- Full (legal) name
- Physical address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Manuscripts submitted to the QWP should not have been entered into any other prizes running concurrently. Prior entries for the inaugural QWP are also ineligible
- Identifying information (name, address, etc.) should not be included on the pages of the manuscript.
To submit your entry, click here.
Africana Literati wish you luck on your submission.